Image: cityscape from Wong Kar Wai's beautiful 2046 (2004).

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

As usual, behind and thieving...

LOTS going on, so this blog has been malnourished.

A little aesthetic inspiration has come my way from Wordle, via BLDGBLOG. Here, for your (possible) aesthetic enjoyment, is a Wordle word cloud rendering of this very blog...


I've not had much experience with tagging, tag clouds, etc., but a tool this gorgeous offers a fascinating re-visioning of intellectual obsession. Funny thing though: while "city" is, aptly, the most prominent word in my writing and thus, by extension, the largest in the cloud, I've been hunting but still don't see "exorbitant" here anywhere....

As an aside, I'm also playing around with running specific chapters of the dissertation through the Wordle machine... looking forward to seeing how the clusters line up...

No comments: